Senior Software Engineer
At TurinTech, we make AI scalable. We partner with the world’s most prestigious institutions to advance research in AI optimisation. Our Product EvoML, the world’s first Evolutionary Optimisation Platform, enables both tech and business users to automatically build, optimise and deploy AI at scale. EvoML has been used by leading companies to build more profitable trading algorithms, develop hyper-personalised consumer goods products, create more accurate health diagnosis software and more.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our product team. You will work together with our CTO to shape our EvoML product, develop new features to solve real world business problems.
What you'll do:
- Turn our research advancements and ideas into full-fledged product features.
- Tackle complex problems that range from performance and scalability to usability.
- Developing APIs and backend services for EvoML, improve our tool kit.
- Mentor junior software developers on design patterns, development best practices and DevOps trade-offs.
- Communicate with both engineering and business people to support and deliver cross departmental projects.
Who you are:
- At least 5 years commercial experience in backend software development.
- Extensive experience in 2 programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, C++ etc).
- Understand machine learning algorithms and emerging web development models.
- Have experienced with all ancillary technologies necessary for Internet and big data distributed system applications: HTTP, TCP/IP, Websocket, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Docker etc.
- Have experience designing and implementing high scalability projects involving cloud-based infrastructure ( Azure, Google Cloud and AWS.).
- Have deep understanding of Software as a Service (SaaS) model in the online environment.
- Have experience designing and delivering low latency, highly scalable complex systems which consume large amounts of data.
- You have experience debugging distributed systems with high data loads.
- You can demonstrate a passion for technology and engineering through relevant extra curricular activities e.g. side projects, blogs, engagement with wider tech community.
- You hold at least Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience. Master or PhD degree in Computer Science or a related field is a plus.
At TurinTech you will get to
- Benefit from state-of-the-art AI technologies and open source libraries based on our award-winning research.
- Expose to real-world AI problems with our leading customers across various industries.
- Work with a talented, passionate and ambitious team from different backgrounds and continents.
- Work at one of the most promising deep tech startups who is backed by top VC firm.
- Take ownership and contribute to a wide variety of projects that makes no one day is like another.